Blog Archive

Friday, March 20, 2009

No mo' depressorama! Let's play a game.

There's been too much depressing crap happening in the world lately. I'm sorry if I've dwelled on it here; I'm one of those optimistic realist types who kind of hopes for the best and prepares for the worst, if you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.

That being said, it's Friday, and I ain't got shit to do! So, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. You know I'm all about the pop culture references. You know this, maaan. Below are some of my favorite quotes from some of my favorite quotable movies. Care to take a stab at them? Comment... you know mama lika de comments!

(PS. NO GOOGLING!)

1. Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is... maybe he didn't.

2. Hey, man! There's a beverage here!

3. What are you, people? On dope?

4. Five dollars. Maybe I'll go to the movies... by myself.

5. My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis. Bye!

6. Shut the fuck up. And take off that vest. You look like Aladdin.

7. Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do shit.

8. Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated.

9. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them.

10. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Extra Credit: Tell me what movie I referenced TWICE in the 2nd paragraph.

The winner gets: My undying admiration & respect, and a hearty handshake.