Blog Archive

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Musicians who inspire violence in an otherwise peace-loving chick

Disclaimer: This is today's controversial post, apparently. I had no idea I'd incur the wrath of a certain artist's cuh-razy fanbase when I sat down to put some snark out there into the world this AM. I've deleted the loser singer in question, so all you jerkuses who came here from whatever bizarro world in which you dwell, move along. I am not really a violent person - it was a joke. Don't be so freakin' literal. Also, get a life. If you don't like the opinions expressed in this blog, don't read it, and in return I promise I will never set foot on one of your blogs. Deal? Deal. Buh-bye now.

There are a couple of musical acts out there whose music I dislike so intensely that I have an almost violent reaction when I hear it. It's like Pavlov's dogs or something, I just can't get it off my stereo fast enough. Sometimes I even whine and bat at my ears, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, sorry to offend if these are your favorites or whatever, but music is subjective and all that so... well, deal. ;)

Here goes:

Coldplay

All of my other musical preferences would indicate that I'd like these dudes, but I just DO NOT. Maybe it's the smarmy, pompous band leader Chris Martin that does it, or the fact that I find their music to be overly-sentimental horseshit. Either one.

On a related note, I hate Gwyneth Paltrow despite her frequent affiliation with Wes Anderson's movies, which I adore. Self-important, overly-priviledged hag! Anyway, Coldplay sucks.

Nickelback

Can't STAND them. The voice, the cheese, the whole damn thing. Extreme HATE.

Mariah Carey

Yes, I know she's got pipes. I recongize her talent. She's got that whole other octive thing, yadda yadda yadda.... But she's trashy through and through, and seems to revel in the trashiness. And I don't like sap, a point which I think I've made abundantly clear, and this woman's forte is sap. Fail!

The Steve Miller Band

Ok, I think we all had their greatest hits cd at some point, right? And I can still tolerate "Fly Like an Eagle", 'cause it's all mellow and split, but if I have to hear "I'm a joker, and a smoker, and a midnight toker...." one more freakin' time I'm gonna explode! It's impossible not to sing along with that song, and I hate myself for it. BOO.


That's all I can think of right now, but there are more. I'll jot some down next time I'm listening to the radio. Now, let it be known that in general, I love music! I love all different KINDS of music. Hell, I've been known to rock out to both Oompa bands and bagpipers, so when I have such a visceral reaction to someone's music, it's kind of noteworthly. To me, at least. :)