Blog Archive

Friday, March 13, 2009

Fabulous Friday!

Ok, so I'm not that much of a girly-girl, but I do wear some make-up and occasionally even style my hair. I enjoy a good spa treatment, but it's not like I can afford (or have time) to be running to a salon every week. And don't even get me started on my wardrobe... let's just say that there are a few odds & ends in my closet that I've been wearing since...oh, 1994. At least. But, I try. I spend too much time and hard-earned money at Macy's. I cruise sales. What money I don't spend on booze and books rarely makes it to the mall, but I do my best to not look embarrassingly out of vogue.

Anyway, I discovered a little drug store gem that I have to tell you about, since I have dubbed today "Fabulous Friday." If I can, I'll do it every Friday, but since I rarely shop for new stuff, it will probably be a short-lived program. ;)

If you ever wear lipstick, you HAVE to try this:
Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor.

This is the SHIT. It goes on in liquid form & you're supposed to let it dry for 2 minutes, and then it has a gloss stick on the other end to make it shiney. It feels good on, and it lasts forever. I've eaten in it. I've drank (copious amounts) in it. I've slept in it.

I swear, one night I went out with the girls and wore this stuff, and I reapplied once between restaurant and bar just to brighten the color a bit. I partied it up that night, brushed my teeth when I got home, stumbled to bed, and when I woke up I was startled beyond belief to see that I was still wearing lipstick. It was quite a sight considering how crappy I felt!

Anyway, there you have it. You're $8 away from feeling just a little bit more fabulous. You're welcome. :)