Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hallelujah!

*** Cue angelic chorus ***


LS slept solidly from 7:30 PM till 7:15 AM last night! This is a first; he typically wakes up at least once and we have to go in to soothe him and give him his (blasted) binkie. We had a particularly bad stretch there last week when he wanted to get up at 4:30 AM, and we had company so we had to do it or else he'd wake the whole house up.

So Sunday night, he woke up at 12:30 and 5:15 AM, and we took the tough road and just went in to soothe him briefly and offer him a sip of water, but otherwise let him cry. His big brother was a sport and slept through it all with a pillow over his head. He finally got the hint and went back to sleep until 7 AM, and then last night, no wake ups, just solid sleep all night till 7:15!!!

I'm not counting any chickens. I know this will likely be short-lived, since he's been a ridiculously early riser for all of his 18-month life thus far. BUT, I can't help but get my hopes up just a teensy bit at the prospect of 8 hrs. of uninterupted sleep on a nightly basis. Of not sitting downstairs like a zombie at 5 AM anymore....

The bad news is that I'll have to start using my alarm clock again. :( Boooo. I just need more than 40 minutes to get shit done! Today I managed to get all three of us up, dressed, fed, lunches made, and into the car in 40 minutes. Of course, I didn't have time to shower, my shoes don't match my pants, and I'm sporting some oh-so-chic ponytail action, but whatev. I got to sleep all night!!!!