Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wild Ride Hump Day

I'm not the world's greatest driver.  I mean, I do okay, and most people would probably say I'm okay if they rode with me.  I just feel like I'm bad because I've gotten three speeding tickets (all 3 of which were for going 40-ish in a 30mph zone), and I've had a three minor accidents.  Okay, one was a big accident, but we'll chalk that one up to youthful stupidity.

The first was when I barely had my license; I was allowed to drive my sister's car 4 miles to the bus stop and then home again after school, and somehow I managed to roll the car one morning in that four mile stretch.  It all amounted to too much speed, too little attention (was fiddling with the radio), and some damn good guardian angels!

Gotta look nice for the firefighters!

I can't believe my sister forgave me for that.

The second accident was when I backed out of a parking space and hit an SUV that was speeding down the lane.  That one was ruled my fault but I don't buy it; I was looking over my shoulder and she came from out of nowhere.  Bum wrap!  The third was just last Fall when I hit a tree  in my own freaking driveway because I didn't bother to defog the windshield thoroughly.  Stupid, stupid!

Anywho, I'm older and more careful now, so let's hope that three is a charm.  Below are two very cool videos of people who drive much better (or worse?) than I do.

You have 10 seconds to decide if this is the best driver in the world, the worst, or just the luckiest:



Via Huffpo

CajunMan send me the next video of an 8 minute-long thrill ride through the pre-dawn streets of Paris.  Not only is the driving impressive - the car never stops in the entire 8-minutes, violating countless traffic laws - but the views of Paris that whiz by in the background are gorgeous!

Turn your speakers up for the full effect.


Woohoo!  Hope that got your blood pumping!  This post is dedicated to very cool BOOBH Kerry M., who manages to make loving NASCAR look cool & classy.  :)

So, am I the only admittedly so-so driver out there?  Anyone?