Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm rooting for the Fox Hole!

Programming Note:

Today I'm gonna do something that I hardly EVER do here on the OOHB; I'm gonna mention religion. Not bashing, just mentioning, so no hate mail, please. THX.

The Management


I just came across this story on my beloved Dlisted, and I knew right away that I had to write about it. The story goes that in a small town in Ohio there's a strip club called The Fox Hole (BRILLIANT, right?). For the past four years members of a nearby Christian church have been showing up every weekend to picket the sinful activities happening within the walls of the Fox Hole, even going so far as to post pictures of the stripper's license plates on the internet to "out" them as the shameless strumpets that they are.

How very... Christian... of them...?

Oh, come now. Does this look like the face of a meth addict devil-lover?



Wait, don't answer that.



At least the owner of the Fox Hole is a stand-up chap... with a sweet mullet, to boot!



The ladies of the Fox Hole got sick of being on the receiving end of the righteous folks' scorn, so they showed up at mass last Sunday and did some picketing of their own.

*slow clap*

Right ON, ladies. Right. Effing. ON. Ya' gotta admit that picketing a church takes some major cojones!

Regardless of how scummy they may be, I happen to believe that these folks have every right to shake their money-makers for a living. Live and let live, I say! Are they hurting anyone? Are they forcing anyone to come into their den of iniquity and get a lap dance? Hell no. They're just going to work, and their work happens to be exotic dancing, thankyouverymuch.



Of course, the church members have a right to peacefully protest too, so I guess they're at an impasse. Sucks to be them. I am glad that I am neither a stripper nor the judgmental type.

The local news package - yes, I said package - is below with the full scoop.




I'd like to point out that this might be the worst example of TV news reporting that I've ever seen, and I worked for a pretty crappy TV station myself. How about you make your voice a little more monotone, guy?

So there you have it. Team Fox Hole or Team Holy Roller?