Blog Archive

Monday, August 30, 2010

Today kinda sucks, so let's have a laugh.

Hey there, beautiful people. How's it hangin'?

I'm having a rather shiteous day, but I'm doing my best to pull myself out of it*. It's a gorgeous day out and I woke up in such high spirits, but one thing lead to another and now, yadda yadda yadda, life sucks.

No, no, that's being melodramatic. It's not that bad. All of the important things are still okay in Bevland, but I did have to deal with the following irritants all before noon today:

* I weighed myself this morning for the first time in months. Motherfucker! That scale simply must be broken.

* The daycare charged us $20 because J got stuck in construction traffic and was exactly 2 minutes late to pick up the kid last week. Two minutes = $20. I feel like for that price we should at least get a handjob out of it or something.

* The internet was down at work when I got in. I'll bet you didn't know that in addition to being my office's chief ass-wiper, bad smell-hunter, and complaint-listener, I'm also the closest thing to an I.T. person that we have. Turns out it was nothing that 3 hours of my time and a $287 switch couldn't fix. But, at least I had the joy of listening to all of my a-hole coworkers bitch and moan about their lost productivity while I figured out what was wrong, so that made it all very satisfying.   /sarcasm

Screw you guys!  I'm going home.


ANYWHO.  Enough of me kvetching!  These problems are teeny tiny compared to others, so let's watch something funny and have a larf, shall we?  Yesterday the family and I took a little road trip over to the seacoast.  On the way there, the kids were clamoring for Happy Meals and we were hoping to have 5 minutes in which they'd stop talking for a goddamn second so we could hear ourselves think, so we stopped at McD's.  They each got a Batman toy, which seemed harmless enough until we examined it closely.  Then we noticed something... not quite kid-friendly about Batman.  Take a look:



Uuummm, yeah.  Does it look to anyone else like Batman is... um... well.  YOU KNOW.

Oh, look who I'm asking.  Of course you see it too!  That's why we get along so well!  :-p

There.  I feel more cheerful already, though probably not as cheerful as Batman feels right now.  Hope you're all surviving your Monday!

*That's what HE said.