Monday, May 24, 2010

You say "doll face" like it's a bad thing!

So I was perusing my usual online haunts this morning and came across this photo of Kim Kardashian over at Dlisted. Check her out:



According to this week's InTouch Weekly (shut up) Kim's ex-boyfriend was quoted as saying that her body is "fake," so she is going on record to say that she has never had any cosmetic procedures aside from the ubiquitous Botox.

Uh huh.

Look at her. LOOK. AT. HER.

Everything about her face looks fake: her eyelashes, hairline, eyebrows, lips, and even her waxy chemically-peeled skin. Beautiful girl, sure, but... seriously.

She is as processed as a human can possibly be without going whole-hog and looking like this. ----->

Oh, and lay off the make up, sweetie. You don't need to put it on with a trowel!



So Kimmy got me thinking about some other stars who cultivate the living Barbie Doll look, and I thought it might be a fun topic of discussion. Hey, it's Tuesday, and it sure beats talking about the mass quantities of crude oil being pumped into the Gulf of Mexico or the free-falling Stock Market, doesn't it? Yeah, I thought so.

Let's start with the original Barbie Doll "actress," Pamela Anderson. Over a decade ago on Baywatch, she was the epitome of the sunny California girl with a bangin' bod.



Nowadays, she looks more like this.
<-------

EEK!


I have one word for us all: SUNBLOCK. Am I right?

Pop singer Katy Perry:



I like her, but I'm not sure why. For one thing, I'd kill to have her bod, and for another she dates (the crazy but funny) Russell Brand, so she must have a sense of humor. Still - her look is often more kewpie doll than not, so I think she qualifies for this post.

The actress formerly known as Nicole Kidman.



I'm not saying she has spent a lot of green to look like a flawless porcelein doll or anything, but I would like to remind everyone that 20 years ago she looked like this.
-------->

Just sayin'.



Ryan Phillippe: Malibu Ken wishes he looked this good.



****slobber***slobber***drooooooooooool*****

I'm sorry, what was I saying?

While I'm drooling, I might as well throw up the other dude who comes to mind when I think of celebs who are so hot that they look like they've been molded from plastic.

Taye Diggs, anyone?



Your turn. What other celebrities look a little bit plastic fantastic these days? Who else should have Matel stamped on their backside?