Monday, May 3, 2010

And we're BACK!

OH EM GEE, guys. I'm so sorry I dropped off the face of the planet last week, but unbeknownst to me, the townhouse we shared with our friends on vacation had NO internet access.

ACCCKKKKKKK!!!

It took several days for the withdrawal shakes to subside, but once they did I actually enjoyed being unplugged for a while. Sort of. A little.

Ok, I missed you so badly that it buuuuuuuuuuuuurned! Are you happy now?



Anywho, the vacay was FAB, and it was so nice to get away from my crap job for an entire week. Today I'm back and hating every minute of it, but I'm trying not to dwell. We got home last last night so I haven't had a moment to even upload my photos, but I'll share a few choice pics ASAP.

Everything went perfectly and exceeded our expectations. I won't rub it in, but I'll give you the Cliff Notes version:

The GOOD:

- The kids were amazing. They behaved, had fun, were cute and polite, and let me cuddle them and smother them with kisses. It... was awesome.

- All three families got along great! There were 13 of us total - 6 adults and 7 kids ranging in ages from 2 1/2 to 13 years old.

- Disney and Sea World kicked ass! D was tall enough to do all the rides at Disney and sat in the very first car on Space Mountain.

- The pool at this place was outstanding; it had a water slide and a lazy river.

- Great weather, but due to my diligent application of sunblock no one got a sunburn!

- We all got our nerd on at Medieval Times and it was a BLAST.

- Mimosas for breakfast every day.

The BAD:

- We did not get to see Elliott. :( Sunday got all FUBAR'ed because our check-in was much later than we anticipated, and by the time we got into where we were staying the kids were done-zo (read: too cranky to abandon while we went to dinner). We tried to reschedule but Elliott & Lori had work obligations. BOO. Now I'll have to go to farging Ohio to meet them.

- On the last night I dinged up my shin/knee on the hot tub. It is now a delightful shade of purple and yellow. Stupid champagne!

- D got carsick. Twice. I don't know if I'll ever get the smell of barf out of my car! For the record, vomit consisting of cheeseburger and chocolate milk will make you want to jump out of a moving car at top speed, but puke consisting of chicken nuggets and Gatorade? Not so bad. Except for the staining factor, that is.

- Vacations are expensive. I'm now broke as a joke till further notice!

- Did I mention NO INTERNET?!



The Amtrak Auto Train was an interesting experience, and on the way down we loved it. It was half-empty and everyone on board was families like ours, heading to Disney. But on the way home... it was completely full, it took forever, and the average age of the passengers was about 85. Seriously. Not just old people, but decrepid old people, some of whom where cranky and clearly didn't like children. When we walked into the waiting area it was just a sea of gray heads. There was only one other family on board, and thankfully we were seated near them.

Ok, that's it for now. I have a mountain of work to tackle and 143 unread messages in my inbox, I haven't touched base with any friends yet, and don't even talk to me about my messy house or unpacked suitcases!

But yes, it was worth it.