Blog Archive

Friday, June 25, 2010

OOBH Stew: TGI-muthalovin-F Edition

Greetings, Bloglings!

What a craptastic week! I'm sooooo glad it's Friday. This week was full of fail and full of suck, and I admit that I had some soul-searching to do as a result of the suck.



Then I remembered... I am LA BEV. I am fabulous! What they hell am I bitching about? No one can take away my fabulosity!


Now drink up, bitches! It's the weekend!



Which brings us to the first ingredient in our Stew this week:

Stuart Smalley was on to something.



Right you are, my man. Right you are.

Kathy Griffin cannot blink.



I caught a few minutes of the new season of her show, My Life on the D-List the other night, and whoa. I'd say it was eye-opening but that would be redundant. When she does the video commentaries she has an unfortunate habit of making a facial expression that involves partially closing her eyes and rolling them at the same time. It's hard to explain and I can't find a video clip, so just take my word for it: it's horrific. She can't close her eyes all the way! How does she sleep? I don't get it!

Don't get me wrong, I actually like her. I know a lot of people don't care for her but her comedy always makes me laugh and I love her stand-up specials. She's also very much herself all the time, I don't think it's an act, so I dig that about her too. But jeez, ladycakes... lay off the surgery for a while! You're starting to resemble Kenny Rogers and Joan Rivers, and that's not a good thing.

Move over, KFC's Double (Cardiac) Down, there's a new artery-clogger in town!



Friendly's Grilled Cheese Burger Melt.
1,500 calories. 97 (!!) grams of fat. 2,090 grams of sodium

For those who aren't familiar with Friendly's restaurants, they're a diner-type chain here in the northeast that specializes in ice cream. Most of their meals include a free sundae, which they call a (heh heh) "Happy Ending." The food is standard diner fare, and the kids LOVE it.

The other day they unveiled their newest attempt to fatten up the collective paunches of Americans. It's a hamburger, but instead of buns it has... wait for it... two grilled cheese sandwiches. Two. Grilled cheese. Sandwiches. AND a burger. And fries.

Fuck you, Friendly's. Aren't we fat enough?

Snoop Dogg is having a(nother) moment.


I can't help but notice that everyone's favorite perpetually-stoned Doggfather is everywhere.

First he got his Willy Wonka on in Katy Perry's "California Gurls" video.




Then he hopped on the True Blood bandwagon and brought us the sweetly-campy "Oh Sookie" video.



"Try to read my mind, you might get wet."


Then he randomly popped up in this funny Adidas Star Wars ad:



I want HIS agent! Also, I want David Beckham to play on my team. And by "team," I mean in my pants. Yowza!

That's it for this week. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
XOXO