Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gaga... and VILF's.

It's Wednesday, but I'm feeling wordy, not wordless. Also, I had all these great ideas about Photoshopping myself into pictures like this one
<---- but I was too tired to do it last night and now I'm stuck at work with no good editing software at my disposal. Oh well... that particular whimsy will just have to wait! Speaking of whimsy, yesterday my girl Lady G (I can call her that because we're so close, don'tcha know) released her new 9 minute-long video for Alejandro.



It's okay, not my fave. I love it because it's Gaga, but honestly I think she was trying too hard here, and the scores of fem-dudes with Three Stooges bowl cuts and fishnets did nothing for me.

Besides, blasphemy is so two decades ago!

Also? I don't care for the song. Sure, it's catchy, but it is the only song from the new album that I do not care for and routinely skip when I'm getting my Ga-groove on (which is often). It's basically Ace of Base's "Don't Walk Away" and Madonna's "La Isla Bonita." Meh.

Don't get me wrong, parts of the vid are pretty hot:



But overall, I found it to be kind of dull. Oh well. We'll give her a mulligan on this one, won't we?

Speaking of disappointments, I just finished the latest book in the Southern Vampire Mystery (aka True Blood) series, and it was full of fail. Charlaine Harris's yearly Sookie offering, Dead In The Family, was yet another book that was sort of fun to read, but nothing really happened to progress the plot line... again. Last year's book was the same way, and I'm starting to wonder how much longer she'll keep cranking out the same old shite and how much longer we readers will keep buying it.

Oh, and there were NO good sex scenes in this one. WTF? Does she think we're reading these things for the intrigue? Hell no! I want some boning, Ms. Harris, and I want it now.

The good news is that the HBO series based on the books ROCKS THE HIZZOUSE, delivers the RAUNCHY GOODNESS, and season 3 premiers THIS SUNDAY NIGHT.

WOO-to the mothafucking-HOO!



I seriously cannot wait. I love this show, and I love Eric the Vampire more than I care to admit. Not the actor who plays him, Alexander Skarsgaard, though I wouldn't exactly kick him out of bed either - but the character of Eric the Goddamn Vampire. Holy Viking with a sword, he can bite me any day. I wanna do bad things, indeed.

That's about it for now, my little breathers. I may not post tomorrow because I will be schlepping through the woods in the rain while chaperoning my son's 1st grade field trip. Since I fucked up my neck last weekend while towel-drying my hair *COUGH* vigorously working out, it's going to be an especially fun day.

Happy Hump Day!