Friday, March 26, 2010

OOBH Stew

Mornin', friends! Well, we've survived another week and all I have to show for it is a raging headache from the Bloody Marys I enjoyed last night during ma' stories. Actually, that's not entirely true - this week I picked up three new followers! Huzzah! Welcome, new peeps! Make yourselves at home; I'm glad you're here. Only seven more till I hit the 100 follower milestone - I'm oddly excited! I am not sure what I'll do to celebrate that momentous occasion but I'm pretty sure confetti will fall from the ceiling and you'll hear champagne corks popping. I really am very easy to please when it comes to the blog. ;)

For now, hunker down and grab a slab of bread to dunk in this week's OOBH Stew, won't you?

First up, I found this during my interwebz travels this week & laughed:



Hot Pockets

This one has been making the rounds on Facebook this week, with good reason: it's hysterical. I especially love this clip because Jim used to take Hot Pockets to work for lunch all the time. One day about two years ago he (finally!) got sick of them and hasn't had them since, yet his cow-orkers still ask him every day, "What, no hot pocket?" He hates it! Ha ha!

Anyway, here's comedian Jim Gaffigan riffing on the frozen mystery-meat concoctions:



Speaking of the hubster, last night he turned to me during a commercial break in my beloved 30 Rock and said, "I gotta tell you, the more I think about this Hot Tub Time Machine thing, the more I wanna see it."

After I stopped laughing I asked him why, and his reasoning was oddly sound. We're both fans of screwball comedies; it's no secret that I have a rather juvenile sense of humor on occasion. Jim is also an avid skier so he loves movies centered around ski slopes, and he was aghast last night when I admitted that I've never seen Hot Dog. He thinks HTTM looks a bit like Hot Dog, so he's in.

I've recently heard it compared to the uber-funny movie The Hangover, so maybe it is worth a look-see?

Sure, the first time I saw this confection with the idiotic title I thought it looked stupid and wondered what had become of John Cusak's management, but Jim is right; the more I see the previews, the funnier it looks. Of course, I might end up a little bit dumber after watching it, but whatever. That's the price you pay for comedy sometimes, ain't it?

Funny cast, screwball antics, no mental heavy-lifting? I guess I'm in, too!



Next, in the "funny yet wrong" category, my BIL shared this yesterday and I admit that I giggled:



So there it is! Hope you all got at least one good chuckle out of this round-up. I know I enjoyed collecting stuff this week, as always.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
XOXO