Blog Archive

Friday, December 4, 2009

Pop Culture Stew - it's piping hot!

Because I can't be bothered to organize my thoughts today, here's a random sampling of some stuff I've come across this week that I thought was noteworthy. Bon appetit!

Behold: the world's biggest bikini model.

No, this is not Photoshop at work, "Amazon Eve" is really 6'8" tall and a working model in Australia. Wowza! That's alotta woman!

I suddenly feel very short and stumpy in comparison.

What do you think, guys? Is this super hot or kind of intimidating? Spill. (not like that, ya pervs, I just shampooed the carpet in here!)

When did Helen Hunt get so scary-looking?
Sure, she's almost fifty and you've got to hand it to her for still rockin' a bikini. Who am I to judge? I haven't worn a bikini in public in over a decade.

But, well... she looks kinda rough, no? Maybe have a sandwich, Helen. Women with some plump don't look quite so... um, Crypt Keeper-ish. Just sayin'.

I am not sure why, but this photo made me think of the dark comedy Death Becomes Her. That's yet another one of those 80's/90's movies for which I have an inexplicable fondness; they're not good, per se, but I find myself watching them whenever I find them on TV. Kind of like Love Potion #9, The Money Pit, Baby Boom, Working Girl, and Overboard, to name a few. Yes, I acknowledge that I'm a shameless cheeseball. Sue me.

Puff, puff, pass, Marilyn!



I knew I liked her. What? It's clearly a rolled tobacco cigarette. What did YOU think it was, ya deadbeats? ;)


Are you all aware of the Three Wolf Moon t-shirt phenomenon? Click that link to see the explanation on Dlisted.



I find it hilarious, but then again, I love it when people proudly wear cheesy stuff in an ironic manner (*cough* blue pleather jacket *cough*). I always loved how Bret would wear those funny animal shirts on Flight of the Conchords, for instance.



And for some truly hilarious parodies of the 3 Wolf Moon shirt, look here. I want the Rowlf the Dog one, I think, or Teen Wolf. The Keyboard cat one makes me think of Samsmama!

Mrs. Keaton just came out! Good for her, and better late than never. I saw her at my sister's college graduation ceremony; her daughter was graduating as well. She was the first celebrity I'd ever seen out and about doing real-life stuff, not on stage performing or anything. It was cool. She looked hot.

So, there it is. My stew is always full of fiber and empty calories - the secret ingredient is saw dust. Shhh. I hope you enjoyed it. I know I enjoyed making it.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!