Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The gift of the Mag-my

Not to be mistaken for "liquid-hot magmaaaaaa."

Well hellooooooo. You observant types might've noticed that I spruced the place up a bit. I got tired of my deep purple motif and decided to open the curtains and let in some light! I couldn't bring myself to do a holiday or winter theme, however, because I'm lazy and I know I won't feel like changing it again once the holidays and winter are over, so I went with classic bleu. I hope you all find it easy on your eyes. I'm not in love with it just yet, but maybe I'll tweak the colors later and see if it grows on me.

In other news, I finally figured out how to use my new custom domain name AND not disrupt the lives of my lovely bloggy buddies by making you change your reader subscriptions, etc. Turns out that you shouldn't follow the instructions that Blogger gives you AT ALL. Huh, who knew? I'm not a super geeky rockstar type when it comes to HTML but I'm no slouch either ("Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch."). *Ahem*

So yesterday really pissed me off when I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I felt like a Grade A Moron. I had a rough day, and I needed a win.



After frowning at my laptop and scanning countless help forums for a solid two hours last night I finally sent a 9 PM cry for help to my new host company's tech support. Lo and behold, someone emailed me right back with step-by-step instructions and within 3 minutes I had accomplished my goal. It was a Christmas miracle, I tell you! Now my sweet peeps can do NUSSING but I still get to use a fancy new URL that's mine, all mine. HUZZAH! Bev: 1, Blogger: 0.

While I was at it I found this fun little website, so I played around a bit. Enjoy, and feel free to make your own at magmypic.





That's all I've got. Have a good one, all!
xoxo