Blog Archive

Monday, December 7, 2009

From the Vault

I went through some photos at my mom's house yesterday and found a couple more good 'uns. Time to open up the Vault again and give you a peek at my goods!



The Sixties were a confusing time. Grandma here is thrilled to be receiving what is possibly the most hideous and flammable outfit known to man. She was so excited that she clearly hurried straight to the Christmas morning present-opening without even bothering to put her teeth in. *sigh* I miss that crazy old broad.

Oh, and is that carpet cleaner or AquaNet next to her? Did someone give her cleaning/grooming products for Christmas? [scratching head]

It's well-established that I was a chunky baby, although my sister kindly insists that I was normal-sized and just looked fat in every single photo taken in the 1970's. However, this picture is pretty irrefutable proof that I was massive.

<----

Last but not least, I didn't even know that I still had these photos, so I have to share. When I was a teenager I babysat A LOT. It blows my mind nowadays that I can't pay a teenager to come watch my kids so we can have a night out because they are all just too busy, yet I worked for $3/hour and always said yes. (said the hooker) At any rate, throughout my teenage years one of my best "clients" was a single mom with two little girls whom she had adopted from India. Boss Lady had some money and loved to travel, but doing so with two kids under 5 was not easy for her, so she'd often bring along a sitter. When I was 17 she asked me to go to Switzerland with them for two weeks, and because my mama didn't raise no fools, I said "HELL YES!"

It was an interesting trip; I wasn't nuts about being with the kids and Boss Lady 24/7, but the sights I saw were so incredible that it was well-worth dealing with the spoiled brats children while she went off hiking for most of each day. The night we arrived in Geneva it was raining and foggy so I didn't see a single mountain until the next day. I'll never forget waking up in my dark room and opening up the curtains to the most breathtaking view I'd ever, ever, EVER seen. The pics don't do it justice.






"The hills are aliiiiiive... with the sound of Griswold...."

Anywho, there it is. I've got something special planned for later this week or early next. Would you all be interested in doing another round of "I'll show you mine/yours?" I've got a fun idea for those who want in.

Hope you're all having a happy Monday.
xoxo