Blog Archive

Monday, November 9, 2009

Show me yours Monday!

Thanks to everyone who ponied up the goods and showed off their Office Spaces! You are terrifically awesome, all of you. Those of you who didn't, I still love you, but... HRMPH.

On to the cool kids who DID show me theirs.

Whiskey Girl wasted no time showing off her desk at work, complete with (untouched!) mini bottles of Crown and a porcelain likeness of her doggie. Awwwww!

Mala really took one on the chin and showed us the one tiny corner of her home that is not spotless and meticulously organized -- her desk! What a good sport, huh? This is why she is my non-sexual soul mate.

Elliott really went out on a limb and showed us the little storage corner that he calls home, but what I can't get over is that he actually has a fully-stocked wine fridge. I mean, I had to put my wine rack in a closet because displaying an empty rack just depressed me. Wine does not stick around my place long enough to be decorative, clearly.

Stuart teased me unmercifully and SAID he'd post a pic, then didn't. I'm linking to him anyway just because I freaking like him, ok? He makes me laugh.

ETA:

Another cool chick chimed in! Calicobebop showed her new office and made reference to a kitty hanging from a tree limb poster, which makes her unbelievably awesome in my eyes! Check her out.

And now MtnMama is in on the action. WOOOT!!! And wow, what a nice work space it is! So spacious and organized, and I love the artwork. Oh, and while you're over there visiting, let's take a moment to wish her good luck on her job interviews this week, shall we?

Let's hear it for the girls! Heidi Renee has added her neat little laptop cove. Adorable and orderly, as I suspected! Oh, and how cool is it that she has both (allegedly) fake handcuffs and Taco Bell shwag on display? Pretty freakin' cool, that's how cool. Also, I wish I had a bed in my office. Just sayin'.

Ok, so since I already showed you my desk at work, I thought I'd show you were I do my blogging at home. I have a little desk, but I never sit at it and compute. I use it to collect crap, mostly, and as a place to keep my bills organized.



That's my adorable niece and some of those cheesy Willowtree figurines that my mother-in-law keeps giving me. I feel like I should display them to be nice, but... well. Anywhooooo. Before you get too impressed with my tidy little desk, check out what lives next to it 24/7:



Yes, a plastic bag of photos that I have yet to organize, nor will I ever organize. A filing box for my bills, which also contains a copy of my unfinished attempt at a novel, just to rub it in every time I glance down there or do my filing. And a box for greeting cards that contains exactly two greeting cards. Yet I can't seem to bring myself to throw it out, because that would be wasteful.

Truth be told, I do most of my home blogging and ALL of my computing either on the couch or here, in "my husband's" chair:



So there you have it! If anyone else still wants to play, let me know & I'll add ya!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good, and busy. On Saturday we had plans to get up and out by 9:45 to keep an appointment I had in Manchester, then we were going to go out to lunch after. D had requested his favorite eatery, Chili's (don't make fun!), and was suitably excited. So when I got up and told everyone to get ready to go, silly me... I thought they would!

I took a shower and got ready, came downstairs at 9:30 to find D playing Wii in his underwear, M covered in something sticky and wearing a sagging diaper and an unbuttoned, too-small onesie, and Jim with bed head and flannel pants, eating cereal. Oh, and the place was so trashed with toys and filth that I actually stepped on a motherfucking CHICKEN WING as I walked through the living room. Yes, you read that right, there was a chicken wing on the floor. FML! My mood went south in a hurry.



I went into Hurricane Beverly mode, which is another way of saying I turned into a drill sergeant. In the end, everyone was clean(ish), dressed, and in the car by 10:05, so I was only 10 minutes late to the appt. The rest of the day was very nice, and yes, I picked up the house.

On Sunday we had a cub scout outing which involved going to a local cat rescue and taking a nature walk. It was okay; it was a beautiful day so I'm glad we got outside and took a nice walk, but the cats grossed me out. Don't get me wrong, I like a good cat -- I had the world's greatest orange cat for 12 years and I still miss him -- but 43 semi-feral cats in an indoor/outdoor enclosure, all with various health problems that made them un-adoptable... well, yuck. The smell... don't get me started on the smell. Jim made me laugh when he came out of the cat house (heh) wrinkling his nose and said, "Reminds me of your grandmother." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's funny 'cause it's true. God rest her soul.

When we got home I cleaned the house in earnest and did countless loads of laundry, because my life is splendid and glamorous. Also because I hate stepping on chicken pieces. I mean seriously, wtf?!

On a related note, I forgot how much I love Pine Sol. Yeah, don't be hatin' on my glam lifestyle. ;) Last night was much more pleasant; the house was tidy and clean, everything in its place again. Happy sigh.

Ok, that's about all I've got for now. Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you're all in good health and good spirits.
XOXO