Blog Archive

Monday, November 2, 2009

Dear Monday: If you had a face, I'd punch you in it.

Helloooooo. How's everyone this fine Monday morning? I'm pretty good, just draggin' arse and in the mood to lie on the couch and watch movies all day. Unfortunately, I can't do that because I'm at work, so I have to at least look busy for the next 7 hours or so. I'm main-lining caffeine at the moment so I'm hopeful that I'll be running on at least 70% functionality by lunch time. No promises, though.

How was your Halloween, folks? Did you dress up? Do tell! I dressed up for the first time in many years, though I was determined not to spend any money on my costume. I managed to pull off Princess Leia but did eventually have to splurge on some $15 hair buns to complete the look, though I did refuse to go full-force butt-cutt with my bangs! My own hair buns were surprisingly cute, I must say, but more Bjork than Leia. M was supposed to be Yoda, but I slacked off and didn't order the costume online and we couldn't find it in any stores, so we ended up recycling an old lion costume and making him Mini-Chewbacca.

So here we are: the world's dorkiest coolest family!




Some other fun moments from the evening:

Laurie and Mark are from the 'hood, yo! Check her out, throwin' up gang signs!







Han and Leia about to start candy collecting. Leia is ever-practical and carries an umbrella, naturally.







Stop, Lord Vader!! Noooooo!! Aaghgasghagahjhjahjahaaaaakckckcckak!









Laurie and I thought it was funny that we didn't plan to dress as polar opposites, but I was all in white and she was all in black. Together, we were Leia Pussy.





Alright, that's about all I can muster for today. I'm really quite tired. Oh, I mentioned that? Hrmph. Whatever. If you're nice to me then tomorrow I will share some pics of the Oktoberfest we went to yesterday. When I am not quite so hungover and sleepy, that is. I got some pretty good pictures of myself with a giant weiner or two. Well, technically one was a Bratwurst and one was a balloon light saber, but let's not argue semantics, k? I told ya I was tired.