Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Oh Photoshop, how I've missed you!

Greetings, peeps! How is everyone on this fine pre-Thanksgiving Wednesday? I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I've got the day off and just stuffed myself full of last-night's lasagna left-overs, so I'm full and happy and just a little sleepy. Ok, a lot sleepy. Might have to squeeze in a nap sometime during my busy schedule of doing absolutely nothin' today.

The other day our friends Mark & Laurie were over and Mark noticed the family Christmas wish list that was hanging on our fridge. I'd written my one request: "Photoshop Elements." I have a full (pirated) version of Photoshop on the desktop, you see, but I don't use that computer anymore since I got my laptop about a year ago, and I really missed having access to good photo editing software. Well, Mark saw the list and told me to take that item off my wish list because his company has older versions of Adobe software that he could give me. YAY! So the other day when I was over at Laurie's house Mark presented me with the entire Adobe suite, which would easily retail for over $1,000. SCORE!!!!!!!!!

I've only had a few minutes here and there to play with it (that's what she said!), but so far I'm having fun.




I think you all know what I'll be doing over the next 5 blissful days off from my crap job! Btw, I take requests....

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! For the first time in over a decade we are not making the 9-10 hour drive to Pennsylvania to spend this holiday with the in-laws. Color me happy! We decided to spend the day here at our home, and I'm cooking the whole shebang. I can't wait, actually. I got an obscenely large turkey and tomorrow morning I'll be doing my darndest to wrestle it into a roasting pan and stuff it full of bready goodness. Let's hope it goes better than the first time I tried to cook a turkey; I couldn't tell which end was which in my bleary 5 AM state, so I found myself trying to cram stuffing into the bird's poop chute for a solid 8-10 minutes before realizing my error. OOPS. Hey, at least I remembered to take out the giblet sack, so cut me some slack, Jack!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I am thankful to know all of you, and thankful that anyone shows up to read my ramblings. Wishing you all a joyous and tipsy holiday!