Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't done a TT for a while, so here goes.


I'm thankful for sleep, and for my husband, who allows me to get some sleep every now and then. Jim is a teacher, so he's off for the summer. He's also an early-riser, so he has been getting up with my youngest son at 5 AM for the past week. I cannot tell you how much better I feel when I can sleep until 7 AM. It's like night and day! The Bev is just not meant to get up at dawn. I prefer a solid 11 PM - 7 AM schedule. Sadly, during the school year, that schedule isn't possible, but do I go to bed earlier to make up for the early wake-up time? Hellz no, brutha. I just wear myself down to a nub.

Heh heh, nub is a funny word. AnyWHO!

I'm thankful for my easy job and for time off from said easy job. Wooohooo!



Work has been exceptionally dull this summer, and that's good because I've been sleep-walking through it. Phoning. It. In. The good news is that no one notices because I'm just that good. Heh. Even so, I had time off last week, and it was great, and next week I'm only working two days out of 5, plus I even have my birthday off & my Big Fun Extravaganza (BFE) w/ Mala next weekend, so I'm PUMPED. It would really be nice if we had some decent weather -- just throwin' that out there into the universe -- but I will take rain if that's what's in store, just as long as I don't have to go to work and deal with my idiot coworkers and asinine clients.


All of YOU. Yeah, you. My lovely readers. My hilarious commenters. A big welcome to the new folks! I like you already. :) Pull up a beanbag chair and take off your shoes. I will make us all some nachos and we can watch a silly movie and laugh our butts off! I'm glad you're here.

Speaking of silly movies, did you ever see Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story? I watched it a while back and was prepared to hate it, but I actually found myself laughing quite a bit. This one part in particular made my sides hurt. Jim and I had to skip back and watch it at least twice because we were laughing so hard, but maybe that's just because we're big Beatles fans? Oh, and we'd been drinking. I dunno. See what you think:



It's a riot, right? Paul Rudd as John Lennon = BRILLZ. Love it.

So, I'm thankful for that, too.

Hope you're all enjoying this lovely Thursday. I have only 6 short hours to kill at work today before I'm free, so... yay? Oh well, I'm not complaining. Today feels like a "long lunch" kind of day. In other words, it's a "trip to Target" kind of lunch break. HEE. And yes, I'm thankful for that, too.