Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday... that's my fun day

A while ago I blogged about my affection for singer/songwriter Alexi Murdoch. Well, I just got tickets to see him this Thursday in Boston! Yay! I'm so excited. Mala & I are having a little girl-date with dinner and the show, and the venue is small and wonderful so I'm sure we'll get up close. We saw one of Mala's faves, Everclear, there a few years back.

I heard one of Alexi's (see that? We're on a 1st name basis... we're like this) songs on a movie preview recently, so perhaps he's reaching a new level of commercial success. Yay for him! :)

Having a lazy Sunday here, recovering from the big 6th birthday blow-out yesterday. We had an unexpectedly awesome time. I'll fill you in later, but right now a piece of left-over birthday cake is calling my name....

Update, Sunday afternoon:
I just felt warm sunshine on my face for the first time in six months! Our winter sun is bright but it lacks warmth, and we did not escape to anywhere further south than Philly this winter. Today's the first day I've been able to get some au natural vitamin D since sometime last October! I've spent most of the day out on the deck in a comfortable chair, book open on my lap, watching the boys fly kites in the backyard. *happy sigh*

Sundays rule.