Thursday, April 16, 2009

A post about this, that, and the other

Hey-yo!

That's the greeting of my little son, who is talking more and more these days. He's in the most adorable phase right now, aside from the whole "smashy-smashy" thing he's been doing. You know: "I'm gonna take this plate and throw it overhand and see what happens! Woohoo! Fun!" That part isn't so cute. BUT, when he opens a door and peers around it with his big blue eyes and says, "Heyyo!" it makes up for the tiny shards of broken glass I keep finding in the oddest places even after I think I've vacuumed them up.... Mostly.

I've been pulled in many directions this week, which is an altogether unpleasant kind of feeling. My oldest turns 6 next week (yes, I had my first baby on 4/20... a little private joke between me and the cosmos) and we're having a little b-day party for him on Saturday. Instead of doing the big Chuck E. Cheese party, he wanted to do it at our place again. Greeeeeeaaaat. Sure, it's cheaper, but it's a helluva lot more work for dear ol' ma. Whatever. I'm gonna throw some "crabby patties" on the grill & feed the kids sugar and the grown-ups beer. That's the plan, Stan.

But that doesn't mean I don't have an assload of errands to get done in the next two days. My house is a pit of despair that needs a serious scrubbing & decluttering. Of course, I should have stayed home and cleaned on my day off yesterday... but I went to the movies with Laurie instead. Bad, Bev, baaaaaad. If I can't shoot myself in the foot, what fun am I? Don't answer that.

Anyhoooo. Here's something cool though - my sister sent this to me yesterday with the message, "More proof that you can't judge a book by its cover." Right on, sis.

Her name is Susan Boyle, and she looks like this--->

and she sounds like this:
Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent, singing I dreamed a dream from Les Mis.

Sorry I can't embed it - YouTube is being a bitch. But, go watch it. I swear, I don't know what it is that makes me tear up when I hear someone sing so beautifully. I'm hard-wired that way, even though I can't stand cheesy talent show stuff like this. This is worth a look/listen, though... what a gift.