Monday, April 27, 2009

I know I missed Earth Day...

but it's never too late to THINK GREEN!


Howdy-diddly-ho, neighborinos! I trust everyone is having a lovely Monday morning. I know I am. Ha. Actually, it's not so bad - boss is on vacation this week so I have EVEN LESS work than usual (hard to believe, I know), the sun is shining, and all's well in my little corner of the universe.

Hey, and ya' know what's even better? I don't have the swine flu. Yay!

Funny story from yesterday: I took the boys grocery shopping with me so that Jim could have a few hours of alone time. So, we're driving along, the sun is shining, the wind's in our hair, and we've got our music pumpin'. We heard three, count 'em, THREE songs in a row that are on Rock Band 2, so my oldest son was in his element, completely rockin' out in the back seat. Even the little guy gets in on the action and does a little air-drumming; it always gets a big laugh from us so he does it all the time now. It's extremely cute. Since we listen to a lot of live recordings (I did mention the old man's a Deadhead, right?) he also cheers wildly at the end of songs, when the crowd cheers. Frickin' adorable.


Anyway, I digress.... So we're at a stop light, and Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads comes on. My six year old practically has an aneurysm from excitement at this point, since this makes FOUR RB2 songs in a row. So I'm dancing away, laughing as the little one is doing his best Animal from the Muppets impression in his carseat, and I glance over and see an entire family watching us and laughing.

So you know how we do it. I kept on boogying, but this time I had my big guy backing me up with some SWEEEEEET air guitar action. Right on! I know they won't enjoy rocking out with mom forever, so I'm sure enjoying it while it lasts. My kids are the bees knees!