Monday, April 6, 2009

Rainy days & Mondays always get me down

And today it is both rainy AND a Monday. It's a double whammy!

So, the weekend was good, and restful. We had a real-live babysitter on Saturday night and went to see I Love You, Man with some friends of ours. It was a cute movie, but I got a little bored towards the end. There's that great short-attention span workin' for me. Yesterday I just sat around and read while Dh took the boys outside to play in the puddles. I only felt mildly guilty for being lazy, but mostly I was just glad we hadn't made any plans for the day.

Now I'm back at work, and my crazy-ass coworker is already bugging the shit out of me. She's got her 70-year-old panties in a wad because the electric stapler seems to be stapling things so that a sharp metal point juts out of the paper. I'll take a look at it and will probably be able to fix it, 'cause I'm a super office genius, don'tchaknow. But not right now, because she bugs me. :)

Also, she put her last ink cartridge into her printer, which means she wants me to order 3 more because she's like a compulsive office-supply hoarder and she can't STAND it when we use the last of anything. In about 3 minutes she'll come over to my desk with a Post-It note with the name of the ink cartridge on it. She's not allowed to order stuff because of her crazy supply issues, so she has to wait for me to do it. This is where I lord my AWESOME SUPPLY POWER(TM) over her by making her wait a couple of days before ordering them. Muahaahaa! I just love how anxious she gets, because WE know that she won't be running out of toner any time soon, but her OCD won't let her chill about it until the new cartridges are stacked neatly in her little cabinet.

Passive aggressive? Moi??? I don't know what you're talking about.

What's hilarious is that this is just the kind of crap that made Office Space such a gem of a movie. I mean, for real. It's just this type of assinine, nit-picky stuff that drives your average office worker bat-shit crazy on a daily basis! It's funny 'cause it's true!

But it's honestly not that funny when you're living it, and when your job title basically makes you the complaint department. And when you work with a bunch of uptight douchebags who think it's CRAZY IMPORTANT when the creamer gets low in the break room, or when there's a light bulb out in the parking lot.

Yeah, come to think of it, it's not funny at all. *sigh*