Thursday, January 22, 2009

Turn him on...



...and I swear he'll return the favor.
(Read: this is babymakin' music)

Every couple of weeks, when I'm feeling especially mellow and contemplative, I'll pull out (hot!) Scottish singer/songwriter Alexi Murdoch's CD "Time without Consequence." If I listen to it in the morning on the way to work, I'm so relaxed by the time I arrive that I'm practically in a trance. Which, as you can imagine since you've heard me talk about my work, is a good thing.

Favorite tunes are "All My Days," "Breathe," and "Dream about Flying."

Here he is at a record shop a couple of years ago performing "Breathe":



"Dream about Flying" has very cool lyrics, and I especially love:

"Five years old I climbed up on the wall
My mother warned me but I took no heed
Like all creatures great and small
I took a fall and found out I could bleed"

He's aptly been compared to the late Nick Drake. Check him out if that seems like your cup o' tea. My awesome & amazing brother-in-law introduced him to me, so I thought I'd do likewise for you. You're welcome. ;)

Artist website.