Monday, January 5, 2009

Angry blogging


Let me preface this post with the following caveat: I'm in a foul mood, and I dislike my work intensely. I also don't feel good, and it's my first day back after 5 days off. That being said, I don't think it would take much to push me off into the deep end right about now, so this particularly curmudgeonly client just reeeeeeally got under my skin.

Is there any phrase more infuriating than "you people?"

WTF does that mean? I hold a personal grudge against people who use that expression. I just had a client bitching to me about something my boss didn't do before going on his vacation (shocking, I know!) and he actually said, "This is costing me money because of you people."

Look, dickhead, I'm a pee-on. I answer his damn phone. When have I ever cost you money? "You people."

You just made the list, buddy!