Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bev's picks for the 5 best Christmas movies evah!

My list is a little bit different than most of the ones you'll find out there this time of year. It's A Wonderful Life? Booooooring! Miracle on 34th Street? Snoozers! Here are my faves:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


The kids are probably the worst of all in this movie; Juliette Lewis as Audrey? Puh-lease! And why is Rusty younger than ever in this one?!

But, it's still a Vacation movie, and it still features Cousin Eddy and Clark W. Griswold, so I still laugh. Every. Time.

Best line: "Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer..."

Elf



Because Will Farrell & Zooey Deschanel can do no wrong in my book, and because smiling is my favorite, too. :)

Best line: "He's an angry elf."

Scrooged



Bill Murray. Need I say more?

Best line: "Well, I'm sure Charles Dickens would have wanted to see her nipples."

The Polar Express



Because I am indebted to this movie for the countless hours of G-rated entertainment it has provided BS over the last 3 years. If it weren't for the PE, I'd never get online around the holidays. ;)

Best line: "Because sometimes the most real things of all are the things you can't see."

A Christmas Story



Duh. There's a reason this movie runs ad nauseum every Christmas. Because it's awesome, and infinitely quoteable, and we can all relate to it on a very basic kid-level, yes?

Best line: "You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

So there you have it! I'll be watching Fred Claus with the fam later today, so I'll let ya know if that's an instant classic or not. ;)

Merry Christmas eve, everyone!