Blog Archive

Friday, December 3, 2010

OOBH Stew, anyone?

I've got things to get off my (real and spectacular) chest, so how 'bout an old classic - delicious OOBH Stew!  It's been a while since I've whipped up a batch.  Enjoy.

Yay, it's Friday! I love those!


6 Degrees of Awesome... and Kevin Bacon.

It's a very rare commercial that makes my husband and me laugh out loud, then rewind and watch it again. This ad made us do just that:


Photoshop: Friend AND Foe

I've been doing some freelance work for the terrific Photoshop Disasters.com, so I've been looking at a lot of hilariously bad photographs lately. This is one of my favorites:

Shiseido: getting a leg up on the competition
*Warning - shameless self-promotion ahead!*
Just in case you haven't seen it, my first PsD-commissioned post landed on Oddee a few weeks ago. With 115k views so far, this is definitely the most exposure my stuff has ever gotten! Too bad my name's not on it... but c'est la vie. Them's the breaks when you're a modern-day cowboy.  ;)

Speaking of Photoshop, I recently found some very cool rollover images (that I sadly cannot embed here). It's kind of refreshing to see what models really look like before graphic artists work their magic! Here's a preview:




See them all here.

My new favorite Comedian*

We watched Demetri Martin, Person on Netflix the other night, and I can't recommend it enough!  I haven't laughed so hard in a very, very long time.  Demetri is technically a comedian but he uses a lot of different mediums for his comedy, so he's more like a performance artist.  He draws, plays instruments, has background performers, and sings - all with hilarious results.  Here's a video of the segment of his comedy special in which he uses a pointer and gives a little hand-drawn visual aid routine:



It's kind of long, so if you don't have time to check it out, just do yourself a favor and watch his entire Comedy Central special.

* Aside from awesome BOOBH and burgeoning stand-up comic Frank Irwin, of course, who is fan-freakin'-tastic.  :)

That's the Stew for today.  Hope you all got your fill of delicious randomness - I know I did.
Have a groovy weekend!