Blog Archive

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'll now resume my regularly-scheduled gabbing

Hola, beautiful BOOBHs!  How are ya?  I'm good. Cary & I busted our asses last week and got the final draft of our book done by close of business... only to have the publisher say, "Thanks!  I'll look at it on Monday."

It's cool, though.  It was one of those moments in life when you don't realize how much pressure you've been under until it's gone.  I actually got more than 5 hours of sleep on Friday night and didn't wake up three times during the night remembering something crucial (or not) that I need to do.

On top of the book stress there was also stress at my crap job on Friday.  I won't get into it, but it boils down to people in my office being entitled little twats who seem to get off on nagging me about asinine stuff like coffee until I cry.  Yes, I cried.  I'm not proud, but so be it.  Thankfully only one person saw.  It was just a rough, stressful day and I was stretched tighter than a rubber band. 

On Friday night after I put the kids to bed I literally stared at the TV with the volume off for two hours before going to sleep.  I just stared into space like a mental patient, but without the fun meds.

Kinda like this:


Anyhooters, the weekend cured what ailed me for the most part.  Still kind of stressed, but I'm working on not wallowing in self-doubt.  Instead, I'm focusing on making this Christmas the most wonderful time of the year for myself and my family.  I'm also keeping my eye on the prize: the trip Mala and I have planned for February vacation!

That's right, we're taking our show on the road again.  We are returning to the city of angels for a 5 day fun binge, and I can't wait!  We haven't been to L.A. since 2006, so it's time to revisit some of our favorite spots and do some light celebrity stalking.  As luck would have it - and we honestly didn't even plan this - we're going to be in town for the OSCARS.  Uh huh - BAM!  That's what I'm talkin' about!  I'd say our chances of stalking spotting celebrities are pretty damn good.  Making dinner reservations for Chateau Marmont in 3...2...1....

As always, if any of my lovely CA-BOOBHs wants to do a meet & greet, let me know!  I'm already planning to kidnap and corrupt my dear friend Maeghan, so the more the merrier.  :)

Planning a vacation from work does help me get through the day.

Clicky to make biggy
So that's what's new with me.  What about you guys?  :)  How you holding up this holiday season?  Talk to me!!