Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

When Wordless Wednesday meets From the Vault

Hump Day -- the perfect day to go through the photos from the past weeks and months and share them with my BOOBHs. I didn't realize how long it had been since I've done one of these posts!

They may look cute, but they've been in the toilet.
Thanksgiving pre-game prep
This is how my blond, blue-eyed son sees himself.  NTTAWWT.*

Mala made me this ornament in 1998.  <3

The bad news:  I had a PET scan last week as part of my annual witch Cancer Hunt.  The good news: it was negative!




R2 is happy to see you!

These next few are from our local ski hill's Oktoberfest event:

Raise your hand if you have to pee!

Why hello, cowboy.

Bang!

Owls, dude.  they're everywhere.

This cookie is bigger than my head.

Check out this guy's giant horn.
Face painting BEFORE

Face painting AFTER!

Drunk with power (?)after winning the dance competition (no, really), Jim entered the stein-holding contest.  The competition was stiff!

Scary ski mountain mascots
He really commits.
And now the Pièce de résistance!

The other day Jim was puttering around the house when he decided to swap out a picture in a frame he had in his man cave.  Under the poster, he found this:


Clicky clicky.
I was twenty, in my Sophomore year at UVM, and pretty much all of the important things in my life (at that time) are represented here in pictures:

My two best high school friends who shared my fondness for bad horror flicks, empty calories, and later, horrifying our parents with pink champagne-fueled belly piercing incidents.  That pic of C (lower left) was taken the night when I lost my panties.  Oops.

My college friend with benefits, K.  Oh, what benefits.... The mud fight at Davis Hall.  My friend's dopey boyfriend (the blond dude) who was present in just about all of our pictures from that year... and none after that.  My parents when they both had hair.  My sister and me in our fabulous sleep wear.  I think it's funny that in my sister's college graduation photo my mom and I are standing the exact same way.

It was so neat to see these pics all in one place like this.  Talk about a time capsule - I don't think I could have made a more all-encompassing "My life in one year" collage if I had tried.

There you have it!  WW meets FTV.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. 

XO
Bev

* Not that there's anything wrong with that.