Blog Archive

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Fun: Who's on your Ugly But Sexy List?

Hey, all! It's one of those gray, rainy days when I wish I could be home in pj bottoms with a blanket and a good book. Stupid work - always getting in the way of my dreams of doing nothing!

The weekend was great, but I could use another day to recover. On Friday I went out with my friend Megan to a group psychic reading, which was really interesting even though she and I were the only two people in the room who didn't get a reading.  It was still a cool experience, especially the part where she did a brief hypnosis session and I felt like I was tripping.

Anyone ever been hypnotized? It wasn't what I was expecting, that's for sure. I felt fully cognizant the whole time, but my body felt like it was made of lead and my head was clear but somehow felt like it was on another plain of consciousness. I know what drugs feel like (shhh!), and this felt very much like someone had drugged me. It was weird, but kind of cool! The mind is a powerful thing, that's for sure.

After the session Meg and I met up with Mala for a drinky-poo, but we were all kind of worn-out so it wasn't a big night on the town. Over our cocktails we did start talking about something that I knew would make a great blog post, so I quickly started jotting things down so I wouldn't forget them. Of course, as I sat down to write this post I realized that my handy-dandy list is at home on the kitchen table, so let's see how Bev's memory is, shall we?

Discussion Topic Du Jour: What celebrity do you find ugly but also oddly sexy? Here's who we came up with:





Anjelica Huston
My husband thinks she's hot, and I can't imagine why.









Javier Bardem
How can he be sexy with that mug?  IDK, but he IS.











 Uma Thurman
 Sometimes she looks amazing.  Most of the time, notsomuch.








Owen Wilson
 Only a man could get away with that nose in Hollywood.



 



Kirstin Dunst
Snaggletooth.





 




Mick Jagger
 Fugly, but undeniably sexy.



  





Sandra Bernhard
Even Playboy thought she was sexy enough for the cover.







Adrian Brody
 Seriously, look at him!






 
Fergie Ferg
See Also: Face, Butter

 




Benicio Del Toro
 It must be the accent.




 




Maggie Gyllenhaal
Nobody has ever been such a sexy Secretary, but still....





Lady GAGA
Exhibit A:
Thoughts?  Who is on your "Kind of ugly but I'd still nail them like a loose floorboard" list?  Spill!