Saturday, September 6, 2008

Transformation complete

First came the kids, and with them, the ability to sing Wiggles songs and recite Good Night Moon verbatim. Then came the minivan. And today, my friends... I have officially transformed into a soccer mom.

Today was BS's first soccer practice, and he did great! DH and I had a blast watching him run around and dribble the ball with a dexterity that surprised us both.


He was glad to see several of his friends from school there, especially his buddy C.


Even Jim got in on the action at one point!


The group shot cracks me up - my little ham is the only one looking straight at the camera, saying "cheese!" He's right in the middle of things, as always. He is completely gleeful in this picture, which does my heart good.


LS was rivetted the entire time, too! He loved watching all of the action, and it won't be long before we'll be trying to keep him from joining in on the fun, I'm sure!

On another note, you can tell BS's my kid because he was one of the only kids who got all red and sweaty while running around the field. With my pale skin, I was always the reddest kid in gym class, and what can I say? I'm a sweater. Not one of my more feminine assets, to be sure.

In his defense, it is disgustingly humid today. DH even had to break out one of the air conditioners, which had already been put away for the Fall. Let's hope we get this rain they're predicting so the humidity will break soon!

Anyway... being a soccer mom is pretty cool so far. Although, as Dr. Evil once said, "I'm still cool. I'm still hip. Ducka-ducka-ducka-ducka...ayyy-up!" My inner party girl still lives on, I promise.