Thursday, September 18, 2008

From the Vault

This is a new thing I'm going to try out. As I was cleaning out my drawers (not that kind of drawers... pervs), I came across lots of pictures from my misspent youth. I think I'll open the vault once in a while and give you all a little peek at Bev, The Early Years(TM). :)

In that vein... have I ever shown you...

My official White House photograph of me (and a bunch of other people) with then-Vice President Al Gore?



Yes, it really is him, even though he does resemble a cardboard cut-out. I'm the pale human-like shape with the purple top and uneven bangs on his right. If you click on the pic for the full-sized version, you can read my "cook's tour" comments, in yellow. To sum up, one guy made it to broadcast news, one girl is my best friend to this day AND a loyal Outofbevshead reader (hi Mala!), and the creepy dude on the far right does, indeed, speak fluent Cling-on. Looks do not deceive you there.

Anywho... this pic was taken when I worked in TV news when Al was running for president back in 2000. I was going through some health issues and had actually had pretty major surgery only one week before this big event. Not that I'm trying to explain my deathly pallor, or anything vain like that. Noooooo. That would be silly. But anyway.

This is probably, sadly, one of the largest bullet points on my television resume, as I got to technical direct the show. Pretty big stuff for a 24-year old. :)

So there you have it - your first glimpse into the vault. You like? You like.