Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ick. Lunch was not so bueno

I don't know what possessed me just now.

I went to Stop & Shop and got a perfectly lovely garden salad along with a cup of piping hot chili. Came back to the office, and then decided, "Hey, this is kind of like a taco salad. You know, like the ones you get at Wendy's."

So I dumped the chili on the salad.

It was not like the ones you get at Wendy's.

First off, it looked like someone had literally taken a steaming dump on my salad, causing everyone who wandered by my desk to stop and exclaim, "Ew! What is that?"

Secondly, the lettuce instantly became mushy and soggy, which leads me to believe that Wendy's uses some kind of freakish lab-generated space lettuce.

Third, it didn't taste very good. Too salty. Which made me kick myself for not actually tasting said chili before sullying my innocent pile o' greens.

I'm chalking this one up to a failed experiment. Learn from my mistake - no DIY taco salads!