Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Heart Is On Fire For Elvira

Hiya, beautiful bouncing BOOBHs!  How goes it?  Sorry I didn't hop on yesterday to give you the Halloweenie recap post; I actually took the day off from my "real job" so that I could focus on writing the eBay book.  We've got our first big deadline coming up in two weeks, and lots to do before then.  I'm feeling good though!  I purchased my final item yesterday (finally!!) and the end of my first draft phase is in sight.  Then come the edits...  duhn duhn DUUUUUUHHHHNNNN.

Anyfloozy, I'm sure you're all dying to know if I managed to pull off being Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, last Saturday night, right?  Of course you are!

See for yourself:












 In a word, yes.
I think I did pull it off.  I may have been Elvira after having two kids and indulging in lots of beer and pizza for a few years, but I was Elvira, goddamn it!  Everyone seemed to really dig the costume, and I really enjoyed vamping it up.  In fact, we all stayed "in character" all night, and it was an absolute blast!  I was so psyched to see all of the cool, creative costumes at this party we went to.  People went all out!  As soon as we got there I vowed to take our pictures with as many interesting costumes as possible, and I definitely reached that goal.  The next day I realized we (other people used my camera too)  had taken 168 photos.

Holy crap!

Obviously I can't post them ALL here, and my Facebook friends are probably already sick of looking at them, but here are a few highlights from our night of EEEEVIL.
Enter... if you dare!
I think I'll just let the pictures do the talking.  They are worth 1,000 words, ya know.

BEFORE the wig, make-up, and generalized debauchery:


After, along with bitchin' bee Mala and ghostly gal Laurie:



Meg and Eric went as "Adam and Steve"

"Steve" took a page from the "Spinal Tap" book:


Who ya' gonna call?


Jim made a pretty hot Dracula, I've gotta say:


Pretty sure we don't want to know what they were talking about:



This pic is all blurry.  Can't imagine why.


Time for a little snack!  This was right before the cow squirted me from his udder... with what we hope was water:


Then some boogying:




Joe won 3rd Place in the costume competition for his EXCELLENT Billy the Exterminator get-up. Big UPS go to Mala, Costume Designer, Extraordinaire!



By the end of the night I had sweated off all of my make-up and my wig was making a getaway off the back of my head, but it didn't matter.  We all had a great time!

I actually have some other (even worse) pics but for some reason they didn't get uploaded last night.  Oops!  I know, I know -- that's the virtual equivalent of leaving my wallet in my other pants.  Sorry 'bout that.  I'll have to put up the picture of me pretending to fellate the priest another day.  Something to look forward to, that.

How was YOUR Halloween?  Got any good stories to tell?  Let's hear 'em!!