Blog Archive

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Guyliner: Yea or Nay?

See also: "Trying too hard"

Lately I've been seeing more and more "rock star-type" celebrities wearing eyeliner. No, I'm not referring to Raccoon McFug (AKA Taylor Momsen), I'm talking about dudes who like to get their Khol on even more than the ladies.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this, so I thought I'd ask my BOOBHs. Are we for this, or against it? Is it hot or... well, not?

Below are some prime examples of metrosexual dudes rockin' the guyliner, along with my votes on whether it makes them more or less drool-worthy.

First up - a pioneer in the Men Who Wear Make-Up category, and one of my personal favorites....

Robert Smith (The Cure)
Out of loyalty, I say YEA.  I will always love me some Bob.


Billie Joe Armstrong (Greenday)
He has always, always, always rocked.  YEA.

Bono (U2)
NAY.  Et tu, Bono?

Vintage Bret Michaels (Poison)
NAY.  He's cheesy enough without adding guyliner.

Johnny Depp (as Pirates of the Caribbean's Captain Jack Sparrow)
I'd hit that like a freight train.  YEA.

Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction)
Any guy who spends more time doing his hair/make-up than I do...instant NAY.

Jared Leto (Actor and Singer, 30 Seconds to Mars)
NAY.  Trying too hard.  I preferred him fat and in Crocs.

Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy)
NAY.  See Navarro, Dave.

Russell Brand (Actor/Comedian)
YEA.  I have a soft spot for him now because of his Aldous Snow character.

Adam Lambert (Singer)
YEA.  I never watched him on Idol, but I secretly DIG HIM.  Like, a lot.

And on the EXTREME end of the spectrum:

Gene Simmons (KISS)
Pass.
Agree, disagree, or agree to disagree?


Discuss.