Friday, October 29, 2010

Read this Halloween post... if you DARE!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It's Halloween weekend and this witch is ready to party! Today I sent my little Anakin Skywalker and Iron Man off to their respective schools, and I've finally perfected my own costume for tomorrow night.

Yes, I'm going to be Elvira.

After posting that video last week of the fantabulous 51-year-old who makes us all look like piles of pudding, I decided to take the plunge and go to the party tomorrow night dressed as "you, 'cept with bigger tits."  Of course, Elvira has a 21" waist and clearly works out fastidiously, but whatevs. I'm not a tiny person like she is; in fact in the heels and beehive wig I'm probably about 5'9", and no one has ever accused me of being overly skinny. *cough*

I'd say the odds of me looking like the drag queen version of Elvira are fair to decent, but who gives a fuck? It's Halloween!

Btw, while searching for photos of Elvira for costuming/make-up purposes I came across the nudey pics that Elliott mentioned last week in the comment section.    

Ho-ly crap!

Needless to say, they're extremely unsafe for work, so DO NOT click this link unless you're alone & don't mind looking at Playboy-like nakey pics, ok?  I'm serious.  Here's a link to the best one because I love you so. Don't say The Bev never gave you anything, fellas!

(I'm probably gonna lose a follower or two for that link.  Boo!)

Jim was all set to be Alan from The Hangover but then he got a nasty cold and pulled a muscle in his back while searching for our Baby Bjorn in the basement, so now he's decided to be lazy and be a boring old (Dracula-style) vampire.  No sparkles or southern accents for him, sadly.

Other than that, we'll just do the trick or treat thing with the kidlets.  Tonight we're watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, but once the little monsters are in bed I'm hoping to watch a scary movie.

What kind of Drag Queen Elvira would I be if I didn't give you a list of my favorite frightening movies?

The Shining
All work and no play....
 Psycho
Mother wouldn't like that.

Halloween
Makes me want MY Mother
 Poltergeist
Oh, they're here alright.
The Changeling
Proof that you don't need CGI to be terrifying.
American Psycho
You like Huey Lewis and the News?
And now, to lighten things up, here's one of my favorite Looney Toons clips of all time.  Very few people seem to remember Witch Hazel, but I always loved her!  The way she leaves behind a cloud of bobby pins in her wake?  Hilarious!


Check it:



So there it is! Everything you never wanted to know about La Bev's Halloweenie!

Now, what are your favorite scary movies of all time? Spill your guts, my ghouly-BOOBHs!