Monday, October 18, 2010

Musical Monday: Baby-Makin' Edition

And we're baaaaaaack. Hope you all had a great weekend! I'm tired but ready to rock this week out! I've got a ton of work ahead of me but I'm on top of it.

"Where are we with that?"
"That thing you just mentioned, just now? Oh, we're on top of that, Don!"

Before I buckle down and get some shizz done, I have to tell you that recently I rediscovered some awesome baby-makin' music.  Don't get me wrong - I am NOT makin' any more babies - that train has sailed - but still, who doesn't like songs that make you want to get horizontal?

This confession will most likely eliminate all of my hard-earned street cred here on the OOBH, but I don't care.

I'm talking about Sade.

Still amazing after all these years.  I suspect witchcraft.
This woman... wow.  First of all, she has not aged in over 25 years; she still sounds and looks exactly the same as she did when Smooth Operator made her famous in the early 80's.  Recently I saw her new Solider of Love video and I was blown away, so I downloaded a few of her songs and now I can't stop listening to them.  Not only are they sexy and good for... well, sexy times... but they're also great background music for just about anything.  I celebrate her entire catalog.

I think this song is my favorite:



Now, lest you think I've gone completely soft on you, I've got one of the world's crappiest music videos for you to make fun of enjoy as well!  I stumbled across this little gem last week and have been waiting for the perfect moment to spring it on you.  Today, my friends, is that day.

I give you, "Love in a Pub (in Essex)," by Leoncie:



Yes, yes, YES!  It took me almost a full minute to realize that she was speaking English.  This video has it ALL, doesn't it?

Move over, Sade, because Leoncie is coming for your title of Queen of Baby-Makin' Music!

Better get to work, my lovelies.  Have a great day!