Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hump Day Pics & Giggles

I've given up on calling them "Wordless Wednesdays" because I clearly never STFU, but you love that about me, right? Right?! Damn it, guys, throw me a bone here.

Haha, anywho, today's picture-centric post comes with some random noggin nuggets that have been rattling around in my head this week. Enjoy.

Have you ever noticed that things sometimes happen in twos? This happens to me quite often; I'll see something and think, "Well, that's odd." and then later that day I'll see the same thing. Sometimes I even get a third sighting in a day. It always makes me wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something!

Yesterday was one of those weird repetitive days. It started as I was driving to work and I swerved to avoid the body of a rather large porcupine who'd been hit by a car. I acknowledged it because he was so big and so perfectly intact; there were very few blood and guts on the pavement, for which I was thankful. Then less than two miles down the road, I saw another dead porcupine (much messier).

"Huh," I thought, "it was a bad night for porcupines."





Later that day I found myself at Best Buy dropping $40 on a firewire port so that I can finally get my camcorder talking to my computer. As I was in the check out line I was admiring the sharp, clear picture on a flatscreen TV mounted on the wall. They had a BBC Earth video playing, and the screen was filled with hundreds of thousands of scuttling mottled crabs. It was kind of gross and beautiful all at once, and I was fully absorbed in it when suddenly a large, goofy-looking octopus meandered into the middle of the crab melee. The camera followed him as he loped along the crabby bottom of the sea, and I was quite entertained until it was my turn to pay.



Cut to me later that evening after discovering that I am STILL missing a crucial cable to connect my goddamn motherhumping camera. I'm lying listlessly on the couch, silently praising Jebus for the bliss that is air conditioning, and what do I find on TV? A documentary. About Octopi (or Octopuses, if that suits you better).

Just a coincidence, sure, but still... it was one of those pair days for me. This morning I heard "Imma Be" by the Black Eyed Peas on the radio and then when I got to work, that's the song Ellen was dancing to on her opening bit. Today might just be a "Two-Fer" kind of day as well.

Whatchoo lookin' at?


It's true - these tater tots love u. They told me so themselves.


This is my husband flexing for me when I asked him which way to the pool.


Funny story about The Jim - the other night we were in the middle of a long weekend and were looking for a movie to watch. Comcast wasn't giving us many options for On-Demand movies, and we were perusing the pay-per-view section for the millionth time when I suggested a chick flick that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Since there wasn't anything else that we hadn't seen already and/or wanted to see, he shrugged his shoulders and said,

"Well, okay. I'll watch a chick flick with you, but only if I get to rub your feet too."

Yes.

Sure, he was making a joke, but he did, in fact, rub my feet throughout When In Rome starring his least favorite actress, Kristen Bell. And we BOTH liked it quite a bit!



The supporting actors were pretty funny: Dax Shepard, Will Arnett, Danny Davito, and Jon Heder? Funny dudes, all of 'em! We were both pleasantly surprised.

Last, but not least - this photo can't wait for the Stew on Friday:


LiHo is going to jail, baby! The poor little crackhead, actually having to pay the price for violating her probation, just like some non-famous shlubb! Imagine that. I suddenly feel a lot fonder towards the great state of California, and particularly Judge Marsha Revel. Well done, your honor! It's about time Linds got sent to the chokey.



Look on the bright side, my dear - maybe you'll meet a nice new lady friend.


**shiver**

Happy Hump Day!