Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What about Blob?

Howdy! So check out this outstanding redneck parking job in the lot outside my office. Snowbanks be damned - Ah've got 4 wheel drive, mama! Nice work there, champ. You keep at it. (Pardon the photo clarity - I took this through the window screen because I'm lazy and it's fraking cold outside!)

Tuesday morning finds me happy but chilly. We're having brutally-cold weather this week but it's sunny and the sky is blue so I can't complain too much. Well, yesterday I had to put gas in my car and it was so windy and bitter that I was definitely complaining then, but we'll overlook that fact for the sake of cheerfulness, shan't we? (Is shan't a word? Fuck it, it stays.) One other thing to overlook yesterday was the fact that I was in such a hurry to get back into my warm car that I managed to dribble gasoline onto my pant leg so I was totally high on gas fumes for the whole drive home. Oh well.

I digress. It's Groundhog Day and of course the little rodent saw his shadow, not that it matters. Here in New England we know that we're in for at least another 8+ weeks of crap-weather regardless of what Punxsutawney Phil has to say about the matter. I'd also be remiss if I didn't post my favorite scene from Groundhog Day, wouldn't I? You know how I have a little thing for Bill Murray....



In other news, let's file this next tidbit under "Sucks to be You."

AAAAHHHHH-CHOOOO!


Oh, excuuuuse me! I seem to have produced a bizarre and rather creepy form of marine life! Hope I didn't get any on ya'.

Doesn't matter though since these little buggers, appropriately named "Blobfish," are going extinct because they happen to live near delicious neighbors like lobsters and crabs. When the fishermen pull up their nets they inadvertantly kill tons of these inedible (and unappetizing!) creatures, so now they're bidding this cruel world a not-so-fond farewell. It's a sad day for Blobfish everywhere!

Today as you go about your business, take a moment to think of the regal Blobfish, won't you?

I know I will.

XOXO

PS) $5 says I just found Frank his new avatar.