Monday, February 1, 2010

Back on the chain gang

Hello, you sexy little dollops of chocolate, you! I wanna eat you all up, and that's not pain meds talking either 'cause I'm finally off the smack! I'm pain-free and therefore back at work where the only pain I encounter is of the emotional variety. I'm rockin' a trendy neck scarf and feeling pretty sassy considering 6 days ago someone stuck a scalpel in my neck. I still can't talk much, but I'm using that to my advantage at work! The stitches come out tomorrow -- yay!

How are you all doing, my peeps? I hope to get around to all of your blogs today and catch up on the goings-on in Blogland. I've been out of the loop, for realz. I spent five days at home recovering last week; I watched five, no, six movies and didn't like a damn one. I ate ice cream every day and didn't weigh myself once. I took my pain medicine and unapologetically enjoyed the buzz. I slept when I was tired and ate when I was hungry, and I let my husband deal with the children as much as possible. All in all, aside from the pain, the wound, and the fact that I couldn't speak, it was like a little vacay. Sort of. You know, a pain-filled vacay in which you don't leave your house.

*sigh* I need to take a real vacation, clearly.

Anywhooooo. Yesterday I felt better so I stepped up to my wifely duties and made J a birthday cake. OMFG, it had been a while since I'd baked so I forgot that I am capable of creating the most amazing cake EVER!!!! Here's the recipe for those inclined to bake. It's a-freaking-mazing. I'm not kidding - this is the best chocolate cake you'll ever taste. I made the frosting that goes with it and together they are like eating a slice of moist, delicious heaven.

Other than that, I don't have a lot to report. I caught only the first few moments of last night's Grammy Awards, which was enough to see my girl Lady Gaga blow the doors off the place during her performance with Sir Elton John. LOVE. :)

Oh, and don't be hatin' on her outfits, because I think she looked like a living, walking piece of art and you know I dig it:



Magnifique!

Also magnifique:



Such talent and beauty - it's inspiring!

Right now I'm inspired to take a nap, but I can't because I'm back on the job. Boooooo. Oh well, I'll muddle through, and so will you. We'll get through this Monday together, won't we? The Bev has got your back.