Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scrambled butt cuts

Scrambles the Cat is my soul pussy.


HA! I love it. He's not sad, he's just chillaxin'. Kickin' it, old skool.

Anywho. How is everyone on this fine morning? I'm doing fine and dandy, thanks for asking. My work peeps came through with a huge bouquet of flowers this morning, which brings my tally up to 6 so far, and means that my home now smells amazing but also looks like a funeral parlor. It's cool, I appreciate them all! I wish I wasn't going out of town for 3, almost 4 days, because coming home to a house full of decaying plant matter is not so bueno, but oh well.

Speaking of that, I think I've got everything done that needs doing before leaving on a jet plane tomorrow eve. I tried on my new dress last night and got two thumbs up from both The Jim and my 6 yr. old son, but that might've just been because they wanted to get back to their raging Wii bowling game. Speaking of that, the big kid's haircut isn't as bad as I first thought it was. It's a little too crew-cut-ish, but he still looks cute. My youngest, however, is sporting a bowl cut entirely too reminiscent of Peter Tork from The Monkees. I don't mind, though. He can rock the bowl cut! It's still better than a butt cut.

By the way -- when I just did a Google image search for "butt cut," guess what the first image was?! Yes, it's our very own Cary as a wee lad. HAHAHA!!!!!! WTF? How fraking funny is THAT?

Oh, and speaking of bad hair. On the phone with my sister last night we got to talking about my From the Vault posts, and how I have my next one all lined up already. We started reminiscing about some of the horrible Sears portraits of the two of us from our childhoods, and she has declared several of those verboten, which bums me out because they're HI-larious. In one, we're both sporting the classic 80's short hair 'do with permed tops, AKA the show poodle 'do. Oh, and ruffled shirts. In another pic, she is wearing a string tie, and has long, straight center-parted hippy hair; I have overly-short, uneven bangs and a cold sore. HAWT. But, I can't show them to you, because I promised not to... so you'll have to use your imaginations. I know you can do it.

That's it for now. Enjoy your day, everyone!