Thursday, June 25, 2009

Man Babies, Sunshine, and a Must-See Movie

I came across a funny website today, so of course I did what any good Facebooker would do and "shared" that shit just as fast as you can say, "Spam." It's a site where some creative Photoshop peeps take pictures of men with their babies and swap their faces. The results are sometimes just okay, but once in a while you'll get one that makes you pee your pants a little, like this one:

ManBabies.com - Dad?
GET MORE AT ManBabies.com!


Or this one:

ManBabies.com - Dad?
GET MORE AT ManBabies.com!



Some of them just freak me right the fuck out, but they're still funny as heck. So, use their little embedded linkage up there and go take a gander for yourselves. I'll wait.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Back? Okay, good. Let's see, what else? The sun is out! YES! Here in New Hampshire! "It's a large fiery ball at the center of our universe, but that's not important right now!" Except it is important, because I was starting to get pruney. It has been raining for going on 2 weeks straight, with only a few hours of sunshine here and there to break up the monotony. Oh, and that sunshine also included muggy "tropical rain forest" moisture, so it hardly counts. Now, I know we're heading into our warmest months, and I know by August we'll be begging for rain, but right now... I just want to dry out a bit.

The other day I was thinking about the movie Garden State, which is one of my faves. I used a line from that movie in an email correspondence with Samsmama, and asked if she had seen it. She said no (!) and wondered if she should, so I thought I might as well make an example of her (in the nicest way possible... with love!) and tell you all to watch this movie. It was written, directed by, and stars Zach Braff from Scrubs. This is probably the best thing he will ever produce, and it was his first ever movie. It's kind of neat because he shot it in his home state (NJ, duh) and a lot of his real family members make cameos in it. It's a real labor of love, and it shows.

Plus, it's INFINITELY quote-able. And you know how much I lika de quotes. (No Bev, you?) Also, this movie introduced me (and millions of other people) to the music of The Shins, a terrific band. In fact, I love them so much that my youngest son was born to their album "Oh, Inverted World."

Here, watch the preview if you still need convincing:


It's touching and hysterically funny all at once. Watch it this weekend. You can thank me later.