Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bruised.

So, I've been a little distracted lately. I've had a lot on my mind, good and bad, so I feel like I've just been kind of wandering around in a daze for about a month. Now, when I get in these types of zombie zones, which isn't all that often, and never lasts as long as this one has, I am so out of it that I tend to walk into stuff a lot. Since I am extremely fair-skinned, that means I look like I've been beaten like a broke-down mule right about now.

I bruise easily. I often find them on myself and don't even remember getting hurt! It's just one more little F-YOU from Mother Nature's genetic bag of tricks, I guess, but it could be worse, so I acknowledge and move on.

The other day I somehow managed to walk into the protruding license plate of my car, and I really dinged up my right knee. It's all kinds of purple and blue and now, bits of yellow. Truly, it is stunning. Like a sunset! Of course, at least it's not Summer and at least I'm not going to a rehearsal dinner & wedding this weekend. And at least I'm not wearing strappy shoes, which require bare legs. Because that would suck; I'd have to show everyone how accident-prone and clumsy I am by sporting a massive bruise that has severe track-mark-like qualities about it. (eye roll)

In keeping with our tendencies to show up at these family functions looking like something the cat dragged in (no, not Scrambles the Cat... that bastard is far too lazy to be dragging in much of anything!), my youngest son took a tumble last night and now has the starting of a black eye. YES! He has reached the age when I think helmets should be mandatory at all times. His big ol' noggin just seems to pull him around and he falls head-first into things all. the. time. I suppose having a giant head will do that for you. Srsly, it's like an orange on a toothpick! It's like Sputnik!


At the last wedding, in February, it was my oldest who walked into the side of a building at school and got a gigantic goose egg on his forehead, which then proceeded to drain down his face and pool into double-black eyes and a swollen nose just as the big day arrived. I assure you, his nose and the area between his eyes are not normally that wiiiiiiiiide.

So, we're officially ready to rock n' roll at the wedding festivities this weekend! I am looking forward to the mani/pedi I'm getting tomorrow with one of my SILs and my MIL. Think it would be terribly rude if I wore my iPod? Yeah, probably. All I know is that I'm in NO MOOD FOR BS of any kind. If anyone so much as looks at me funny I will go Ninja Bev on they asses! There's a full moon on Sunday, and I'm already feeling a little loonier than usual, and full moons also seem to pull crazies to me like they're on tracks! Oh, also? I have been getting less than 5 hours of sleep per night for well over a week now, so I'm about ready to punch somebody in the face. Doesn't matter who, but I do have some ideas for who's top on my wish list!

It's not all woe is me, don't get me wrong. I don't have to work today, and yesterday my Boss gave me most of the day off out of the blue! So, I went had had sushi and pinot with Laurie and had just a really pleasant afternoon. Like the old days, before I became the Depresso-Bev 2000. Hee! I will say, I am often thankful that I am naturally a pretty happy gal. I have never suffered from depression or even bad moods that last for longer than a day or two. I think I was born with extra serotonin or something because my moods just kind of naturally float near the surface. I'm lucky that way, and I am grateful for it.

However, I will still inflict pain on someone if I don't get some GD sleep, and soon!!

Have a nice weekend, everyone! I'll post pics of the wedding when I get back, if I don't end up in jail for assault, that is. I'm just repeating the mantra I've had in my head forever now, which I boosted from some gawd-awful Eddie Murphy movie from long ago: KEEP IT TOGETHER... KEEP IT TOGETHER...KEEP IT TOGETHER! :)