Blog Archive

Monday, April 11, 2011

Aging: You're Doing It Wrong

Happy Monday! You'll never believe it, but all of my whining over being sick of winter finally paid off this weekend! We enjoyed 70 degree weather with a fair amount of sunshine yesterday, and it was everything that I hoped it could be, and more. Vitamin D was Mother Nature's way of bitch-slapping me out of my funk, so I'm finally back to my usual blatherings here at OOBH Central. Praise Cheeses!

The return of that large fiery ball at the center of our universe got me thinking about sunscreen, naturally. When you're like me and have the coloring of a Scottish albino, you have to think about these things early and often. I'm only in my mid-thirties, yet in the fine lines of my face I can already see evidence of every sunburn and tan I've ever inflicted upon myself, so I've become one of these sunblock fanatics who never leaves the house unprotected.

We all have to get older, and it sure beats the alternative! But we don't have to LOOK old, now do we?

Which brings us to my point (yes, I do have one... for a change), and that is those celebrities who walk among us yet don't seem to be aging at the same rate as the rest of us mere mortals. Sure, many (most?) of them rely heavily upon Dr. Cutsalot and his magical scalpel, not to mention all of those scary plastic injectables and whatnot... but there seem to be a few famous folks who have somehow managed to slow the hands of time so much that they look pretty much the same as they did a decade ago.

SHENANIGANS!

Is it witchcraft?  Deals with the devil? Some sort of Picture of Dorian Gray dealio?  You decide.

Christie Brinkley

This woman is 57 years old.  FML.

Paul Rudd
Baby face, much?
Gwyneth Paltrow
Yes, we hate Gwyneth, but bitch is NOT aging.
Halle Berry
I hope she's "must look away" scary in her next life.  Seems only fair.
Iman
Maybe starting to look a trifle plastic?  Still... wow.
Keanu Reeves
I don't care if he technically "can't act," he has always made me feel funny in my pants

Sharon Stone
Maybe it's the CrAzY that keeps the wrinkles away?

Julianne Moore
This redhead credits staying out of the sun for helping to keep her skin smooth.

Susan Sarandon
Mother.  Lover.
Since every coin has two sides, next let's take a look at a few celebs who are not aging so well.

 Lindsay Lohan
24 years old. Twenty-four. Years.  OLD.
Jude Law
That is one unfortunate hairline, my good man!
 Pam Anderson
See also Damage, Sun
 Jessica Lang
Jessica, STOP with the facelifts!  Your eyebrows are almost into your hair!
 Kathleen Turner
This is NOT the Joan Wilder I knew and loved!

 Madonna
More like Madame
Twins?
 Nicole Kidman
...and your little dog, too!
Luke Wilson
Middle Age: it's comin' for us all.
There's my list -- who's on yours?