Thursday, October 8, 2009

Unintentional Hilarity

Good morning, my lovely bloggy buddies. Have I told you lately that I love you? 'Cuz I do. Sorry, I'm feeling a little shmoopy this morning. It happens -- ignore me.

No, wait, don't really ignore me! I have stuff to say!

This morning when I got to work I found a little bit of comic gold waiting for me. I'm sure you all know by now that part of my job is to be the office manager for a group of humorless assclowns financial advisors, which basically means that everyone in the office feels entitled to bother me with all of the office's perceived flaws and short-comings. If we're down to 3 rolls of TP in the closet, you better believe I'm gonna hear about it. If the copy machine sucks in more than one page of paper at a time, it's my problem. Low on coffee creamer - RED ALERT! Drop everything!

You get the idea. It's super fun (NOT) and I can't believe I've been selling myself out for as long as I have, but whatever. It pays the bills and it couldn't be more easy or flexible, so I put my ego and sense of self-worth in a jar each day between the hours of 8:30 and 4 and suck it up. Today when I got to work I found this note, and I couldn't help myself; I pulled out my cell and took a picture and said to my crazy cat lady coworker, "I just have to prove to my friends that this is really my life."

Behold the lameness:


I'll alert the media! Shall I get out my sledge hammer and hard hat and start busting open the walls to locate the decaying rodent? Perhaps I should call the police to come investigate to make sure it's not a dead hooker that someone stashed in the utility closet? Honestly, what is it that they expect me to do about a mysterious odor with no apparent source?

The solution I'd LIKE to use is to drop off a box of Glade Plug-Ins on the note-writer's desk and leave her a note of my own. Something along the lines of,

"Maybe these will help with the mysterious odor. If you need ideas on where to stick them, just let me know."

ANYWHO.

What else is new? I had a nice day off yesterday, so I'm feeling sprightly and refreshed today. No, really! I did some laundry then went and got my hair done. Obsession is a strong word, so I'll just say that my fondness for Zooey Deschanel has peaked, so I decided to go all out and get some bangs because I dig her look. I don't think this pic does my 'do justice -- I got a bunch of funky highlights that you can't see in this light, but you get the idea:



After my hair appointment I went over Laurie's and hung out a bit, then she and her daughter and I went and did a little shopping and had dinner. Laurie's new car is pretty sweeeeeeet - she's got a bright red Mini Cooper convertible, and I can't wait to ride in it this weekend with the top down. I'm gonna don a head scarf and go all Thelma & Louise on yo' asses. Trust.

So, all in all, it was a great day. I shall cling to it today as I suffer the quiet desperation of my day-to-day work existence. Good things lie ahead for the weekend, and I plan to rock n' roll all night (and party every day)... and you know I'll take pictures.

Back to the shmoopiness -- you're all awesome and intelligent and The Bev loves you. Can you feel it? (no, not that... pervs) One last thing -- congrats to Frank for making it to numero uno on the comment list! It's so nice when hard work pays off. Well done, and thank you all for your hilarious comments. I live for them.
*MUAH*