Saturday, August 8, 2009

What? You don't play with your food?



Last night we went over to Mala & Joe's house for a traditional New England dinner. Lobsters are ridiculously inexpensive right now, so we decided to do it up and have lobster, corn on the cob, squash, and delicious, delicious alcohol. When I say that they're inexpensive, I mean that they're actually cheaper than hot dogs, if you can believe it. $4.99/lb? Buh-riiiiiiing it!

So, my family unit spruced up and headed on up to their house. Danny even decided to wear a tie for the special occasion:



Heeeeeee!! Matthew was somewhat less-enthused, but don't let him fool ya, he was pumped:



Once we got there, Mala and I proceeded to line up our supper and ridicule them, because we like to play with our food. They weren't spunky enough to race, as we'd hoped, but we did have a beauty contest, and mine totally won. I called him "Cuddles." Hers was "Fluffy."



When it comes time to kill the dinner, I leave that to my husband. He doesn't have a problem with it, but I just think it's icky.

Ask not for whom the water boils...


Dinner is SERVED!


We had a great night; ate a lot of yummy food, drank (a little too much) vino, and laughed like hyenas for most of the night. The kids also enjoyed their dinner, I think... they were there somewhere. We threw some hot dogs at them, put the little ones to bed, and the two older kids had a romantic evening up in Morgan's bedroom doing God knows what. Apparently before we got there, Morgan insisted on taking a shower before Danny saw her, then she put on her prettiest plastic bathing cap (!) and proceeded to woo my son. Obviously, when they get older we will have to keep an eye on those two.