Friday, October 24, 2008

Hug your family

It seems like this week, everywhere I turn I'm hearing these awful stories of people losing loved ones or getting terrible diagnoses. Cancer that grows and spreads silently in seemingly healthy people, until one day they get devastating news.... It strikes fear in my heart on a daily basis. It's so unfair, so random, and so cruel for all involved.

That's why I try very hard to never take my life or family for granted, but some days it's hard to stop and think about all that we have to be grateful for. We all have off days (or weeks, like this one has been for me!), and we all get busy and frustrated and short with those we love.

Today I am going to hug my family extra tightly. I am going to eat well and go to the gym (for the first time in months) and try to lose some of this weight that has crept back on while I wasn't looking. I am going to count my blessings.

These pictures were taken by my friend Lauralee last weekend, and they are a reminder of all that I have to be grateful for.







Hug your families tightly. Life is short, but sweeter when we add more sugar! :)