Blog Archive

Monday, February 21, 2011

La Bev Goes to L.A.

In two short days (not counting today) I will be leavin' on a jet plane with my BFF Mala for a brief vacay in La-La-Land. To say that I cannot wait is an understatement! I've been working very hard lately--generating more and more freelance writing work for myself every day AND still holding down my 30 hour/week office job, plus, you know, recovering from surprise surgery last week. So I really feel that I've earned a few lovely days of 70 degree weather, sunshine, good food, good friends, and booze. Delicious booze.

We've made plans to meet up with my dear friend from college, the lovely Maeghan. Maeghan recently moved to the L.A. area, and the last time we hung with her in NYC we had the best time! Can't wait to see what shenanigans we get up to on this trip.

Saturday night we're going to a party at the New Noir's Sunset Starlets Burlesque Club, complete with $25 top shelf open bar, something called cake balls, and famous starlet impersonators who may or may not be drag queens. We're kinda hoping that they are.



The first order of business, however, is a lunch date with the lovely Melissa, of cooking blog fame! We're really looking forward to meeting her. :) Later in the week I'm also meeting up with some of my oldest online friends, my Hestia gals. We are a small private online community of 65 or so members from all over the U.S. and world. I've met a lot of them over the years, and I can't wait to have a fun dinner with the four ladies who live in the L.A. area.

Of course, the main event has to be... *drum roll please*

THE ACADEMY AWARDS.

Yeah, baby. Even though our invitations must have gotten lost in the mail (damn you, USPS!), we managed to book a hotel that's so close to the Kodak Theatre, it's ridiculous.

The lobby of our hotel is basically right next to the rear entrance of the Theatre, so we'll be camping out on Sunday just in case any celebs want to skip the red carpet and go in the back way. Or, have a cigarette break, etc. You never know, and when stalking celebrities it's all about location, location, location!

Since we love you all, we might even do a little video blogging, live from the back door! Maeghan is going to be our special guest correspondent, so watch out! She's fabulous, dahlings.



Join us, won't you? Pull up a lawn chair and we'll pass you a virtual glass of Champagne Sparkling Wine. I've never attempted to live blog before, but hey, I'm okay with trying new things. Obvs.

Okay, enough of my jibba-jabba. I'll do my best to check in later this week before jetting off to the left coast. In the meantime, I have a ton of work to muck through in order to board that plane on Friday evening carrying ZERO STRESS on my shoulders.

Cheers!