Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Walls!

I am working on my boss right now, but he has limited vision. Another advisor is getting rid of an office workstation which includes half cube walls. I have worked what little magic I have and secured a long "L" shaped cube wall that stands about 4.5 feet tall - just tall enough that my extremely irritating (and extremely short) coworker could not see over top when seated at her desk. Muuauuaahaaahaaa!

I have been looking forward to this day for as long as I can remember. I am the only person in this entire office who has to share work space with another person, and the most annoying person here, at that. While this short little divider would not shut her up, it would definitely make her *feel* further away from me. That's all I need!

Besides (and this is the angle I'm using on Boss), as it is now, her desk is an eyesore with hanging phone cables, computer stuff, and tons of paperwork.... The new half wall would look sleek and would provide our office with a more polished look, for sure. I want it!!!

If only I could see the look on her face when she comes in tomorrow and sees that I've penned her in! D'oh!

Edited to add: Ok, the Boss agreed, and the great wall is up... but it's much shorter than I'd hoped! Blast!